When it comes to building a custom fuel injection engine or replacing an older fuel injection engine with a newer counterpart, there is one piece of equipment made to greatly simplify the process, a fuel injection harness. This wiring harness is integral piece of your engine installation and is key in the ability to properly supply fuel to your engine.
How to Install Your Fuel Injection Harness
- Start by positioning the wiring harness along each one of the engines fuel injectors.
- Once in the correct positions begin snapping each electrical connection into the proper position on each of the injectors.
- Carefully install the throttle body, paying close attention to each electrical connection.
- Go back over each one of the electrical connectors to make sure they are securely in place.
- Lastly, connect the negative battery cable.
Depending on the size and type of fuel injection engine you are working with there may be options available for a customizable fuel injection wiring harness. You can purchase a stock harness or in some cases have a modified harness made for you. A customized wiring harness can be built to accommodate wiring for electronic transmissions, computer controlled fan monitoring, the ability to retain emission components and much more. There are helpful options available to have color-coded wire, labels and convoluted tubing on different harnesses to greatly add to their ease of use during the installation process. When you are undertaking such a big and vital part of the engine installation process these modifications can add greatly to your peace of mind and help you get the job done in a safe and timely manner.